The Scoop Episode 9 – From Backlash to Extreme Rules
Jake and Rodders catch up with all the news across the wrestling world, as well as RAW and SmackDown Live between BackLash and Extreme Rules. Here is this week’s Scoop!
Don’t forget to check out our sponsor UnPro Wrestling:
Tickets are available now for UnPro’s debut event on August 20th at the Hackney Showroom in London, featuring World of Sport stars Zack Gibson and El Ligero, WWE United Kingdom star Roy Johnson, PROGRESS roster stars Sebastian, Jack Sexsmith and many more. Go to unprowrestling.co.uk/tickets for more information.
Here are the topics that we’ll be discussing on this week’s episode of The Scoop
- Shane McMahon announced the first ever Women’s Money in the Bank match. Confirmed competitors are Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Tamina, Carmella and Natalya. Lana has taken to Twitter to ask for a spot in the match.
- John Cena has officially confirmed that he will be returning the Smackdown on July 4th. Will he be in a title program with Jinder Mahal?
- Star of 205 Live Noam Dar has been added to ICW’s July 29th PPV event ‘Shug’s Hoose Party 4.’ Are WWE and ICW negotiating a deal to bring Insane Championship Wrestling to the WWE Network? Are PROGRESS also likely to join the Network’s lineup of shows?
- Sasha Banks & Rich Swann vs Alicia Fox & Noam Dar added to Extreme Rules
- X-Pac revealed that Val Venis was originally slated to be part of DX, he said that “Vince Russo wanted to put Val Venis in DX, but we said no. We stuck to our guns because he wasn’t right for DX.”
- RAW draws lowest rating of 2017 with an average of 2.613 million viewers. This is the 5th consecutive week that RAW has drawn less than 3 million viewers.
- Will Ospreay has won NJPW’s Best of the Super Juniors A Block, he will advance to the final on Saturday June 3rd for the second year running